At the invitation of the president of the National Committee of Large Dams of North Macedonia (MACOLD), Mr. Ljupcho Petkovksi, on December 22-23, 2022, a team of ALBCOLD composed of Mr. Arjan Jovani – Chairman of ALBCOLD, Mr. Ermal Kacurri – member of ALBCOLD and Mr. Erjon Qosja – Chairman of FIRD, made a working visit to North Macedonia and participated in the annual conference organized by MACOLD in Skopje, on
23.12.2022. During the first day of the visit to North Macedonia, visits were organized to the large dams of Spillje, Globocice,
Mavrove and Matka.
On 23.12.2022, a working meeting was organized at the Institute of Civil Engineering of North Macedonia where a meeting was held with experts in the field of dam engineering and it was discussed in relation to bilateral experiences for monitoring dams with asphalt concrete cores as well as monitoring of dams with country material. Also, on 23.12.2022, a bilateral meeting was organized between representatives of ALBCOLD and MACOLD. During this bilateral meeting, several important issues were discussed as follows:
- Exchange of experience regarding the improvements and updates of the legislation in the dam sector.
- Exchange of experience regarding the updating and improvement of technical standards for the design, monitoring and safety of large dams.
- The role of national dam committees in the preparation of guidelines and recommendations for the design of dams and their safety.
- Bilateral cooperation in the field of dams.
- Promotion and support of young Engineers in the dam sector
At the end of the meeting, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed between ALBCOLD and MACOLD. The memorandum signed by Mr. Ljupcho Petkovksi-President of MACOLD and Mr. Arjan JOVANI – Chairman of ALBCOLD, The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) focuses on several main areas such as:
- Exchange of experiences regarding the legal, institutional, technical aspects for the safety of dams.
- Exchange of experiences in terms of updating and improving technical standards in the field of dams design.
- Exchange of experiences in the direction of the assessment of the assets of the dams and their hydraulic structures.
- Exchange of experiences in the field of dam safety certification and their periodic audit by qualified independent experts.
- Working visit to both countries for experts in the field of dams.
- Promotion and support of young engineers in the dam sector.
- Participation in the activities of ALBCOLD and MACOLD as well as in the trainings that will be carried out in this field.
For more detailed information, you can see the Agreements and Cooperation link of our website www.albcold.gov.al.