Albanian Young Engineers Forum (ALB-YEF) participated in the 27th Congress of the International Commission of Large Dams (ICOLD) from May 27 to June 3, 2022, in Marseille, France.
The following events were attended during this meeting:
- Short courses “Risk analysis for dams: French practice through Safety Review Risk Assessment” and “Analysis methods of dam survey data”.
- The 10th meeting of ICOLD – Young Engineers Forum, where the Chairman of the forum was elected Mrs. Mateja Klun from Slovenia. Vacancies on the forum’s board were also filled with representatives, Gabriella Molinder from Sweden, Amit Gautam from India, and Wilberforce Manirakiza from Uganda.
- Mentoring Program with experienced engineers, Florian Landstorfer from Austria, Michel Rogers from the USA, etc., who shared their decades of experience in dams engineering.
- Technical visit to the ruins of the Malpasset dam destroyed in December 1959 and the Bimont dam which is in operation.
- Symposium on “Sharing Water: Multi-Purpose of Reservoirs and Innovations”.
- Exhibition with the participation of 95 booths of the most prestigious companies in the design, implementation, operation, monitoring, and maintenance of dams.
- Congress questions: Dams and Reservoirs, tomorrow’s challenges; Innovations in concrete dam projects; Incidents and Accidents at current dams; Inspection, Instrumentation, Monitoring, and the process of data collection and processing.
At this event from the Albanian Young Engineers Forum participated the Chairman of the forum Mr. Erjon Qosja and the Vice-Chairman Mr. Agim Lazareni, who during their stay at this event organized working meetings with the chairmen of analogous forums of Italy, Switzerland, Greece, USA, Sweden, Great Britain, France, etc., where the issues of future bilateral cooperation were discussed as well as the organization of joint activities in the field of dams.
More details about the activities organized in this event can be found on the website: www.icold- cigb.org as well as on the LinkedIn ALB-YEF (Albanian Young Engineers Forum) page.